Subject: bug#74145: 31.0.50; Default lexical-binding to t

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2025 08:44:11 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 16:30:36 -0500
> 
> >> >> Pushed to `master`.
> >> > Boom!  Just like that.
> >> Well, yes.  It's harmless.
> > Maybe so, but I think we should have explained why we disregarded
> > objections and suggestions for slower movement forward.
> 
> Which objections are you referring to?

I said "objections and suggestions".  I meant these:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2025-01/msg00531.html

  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74145#36
  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74145#57
  https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=74145#60

It's okay to note those and decide to go ahead anyway, but I think we
should at least offer the courtesy of explaining why we did so.  The
people who wrote those messages are active participants in Emacs
development, so IMNSHO they deserve to have such an explanation.