Subject: Re: bug#74140: [PATCH] Add :continue-only directive for repeat maps in bind-keys, use-package

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2024 14:08:43 +0200

> Cc: [email-masked]
> From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2024 20:12:36 +0200
> 
> > So below is a patch that adds support for a list of maps.
> > And users don't have to populate the list manually because
> > 'defvar-keymap' does this automatically with :continue-only
> > in the same patch.
> 
> Now this patch is pushed, so you can use the new property
> to implement the :continue-only directive in bind-keys.

Thanks, but I think the NEWS entry needs a small clarification:

   ** New symbol property 'repeat-continue-only' for 'repeat-mode'.
  -A command with this symbol property whose value is non-nil will not
  -activate the repeat map in 'repeat-mode', it will only continue the
  -already activated repeating sequence.
  +A command with this symbol property whose value is a list of repeat
  +maps will not activate the repeat map in 'repeat-mode'.  It will only
  +continue the already activated repeating sequence.  Also 'defvar-keymap'
  +supports a new keyword ':continue-only' with a list of commands that
  +only continue the active repeating sequence.

This doesn't say what is the significance of the repeat maps included
in the value of the property (as opposed to those not included).  I'm
guessing they have some influence on the result, so NEWS should at
least hint on that.