Subject: bug#74132: 31.0.50; thing-at-pt, ffap and Github markdown

From: Madhu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2025 06:49:25 +0530 (IST)

*  Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> <CADwFkm=[email-masked]>
Wrote on Thu, 13 Feb 2025 02:17:05 -0800
>> Also, how about having some tests for this?

I'm not sure about ert and am dealing with it for the first time. I
added the following:

```
--- a/test/lisp/thingatpt-tests.el
+++ b/test/lisp/thingatpt-tests.el
@@ -67,6 +67,11 @@ thing-at-point-test-data
     ("This (http://example.com/a(b))" 30 url "http://example.com/a(b)")
     ("This (http://example.com/a(b))" 5 url nil)
     ("http://example.com/ab)c" 4 url "http://example.com/ab)c")
+    ;; Github markdown
+    ("[![GitHub Releases Downloads](https://img.shields.io/github/downloads/raysan5/raylib/total)](https://github.com/raysan5/raylib/releases)"
+     85 "https://img.shields.io/github/downloads/raysan5/raylib/total")
+    ("[![GitHub Releases Downloads](https://img.shields.io/github/downloads/raysan5/raylib/total)](https://github.com/raysan5/raylib/releases)"
+     113 "https://github.com/raysan5/raylib/releases")
     ;; URL markup, lacking schema
     ("<url:[email-masked]>" 1 url "mailto:[email-masked]")
     ("<url:ftp.example.net/abc/>" 1 url "ftp://ftp.example.net/abc/")
```

But I don't think we need fill the code base with github url. I will
rework it with foobar and example.com in the strings.  If you have
suggestions or any other things this patch should test for please let
me know.