Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: Add dart

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2024 20:40:05 +0900

Hi again,

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the patch.
>
> Cc core team
>
> We may blow the dust from this <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/44926> as well
> and come to some consensus.

For the record, I think #44926 could be considered; it packages a
non-public bootstrap dart (which is the same as this submission --
pulling binaries from the net), but then goes on to rebuild itself using
that.

I think we have other compilers in that situation packaged in Guix
(though I forget which ones).

Do we have a definitive policy on this?  If we do, I'm missing where
it's laid out clearly.  If we don't should we author one?  What would be
the big lines of what it says?

CC-ing co-maintainers.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim