Subject: bug#74074: 30.0.92; [NS] Frame position not reported on resize from top left

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2024 10:31:12 +0100

> I see that under X11, the `move-frame-functions' are called when
 > resizing from the top left. I donʼt know what happens on MSWindows or
 > in a pgtk build.

It works on MSWindows here.  IIRC pgtk doesn't care abut positions at
all.

 > A quick experiment shows that itʼs fixable on macOS, although there is
 > a (strong) tendency for the 'moveʼ events to get bunched up until
 > after the resize ends, which means they all report the same
 > position. But then again this happens to a lesser extent under X as
 > well.

I'm not sure I understand: Under X11 we "bunch up" all ConfigureNotify
events for one and the same window.  If a user resizes a window by
dragging its top/left corner, they should all report different
positions.

 > The question is: do we *want* to fix this?

Probably in a uniform way for all platforms (sans pgtk).

martin