Subject: [bug#74054] [PATCH v2 3/3] gnu: Add speed-dreams.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2024 09:09:01 +0900

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Montag, dem 28.10.2024 um 15:26 +0900 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> * gnu/packages/games.scm (speed-dreams): New variable.
>> (speed-dreams-version, speed-dreams-svn-revision): New variables.
>> (speed-dreams-source-tarball): New procedure.
>> (speed-dreams-base-tarball, speed-dreams-more-hq-cars-and-tracks-
>> tarball)
>> (speed-dreams-wip-cars-and-tracks-tarball)
>> (speed-dreams-unmaintained-tarball): New variable.
> Typo: missing "s" in New variables.
>
> Also, I don't think we differentiate much between variables and
> procedures (procedures *are* variables).

In Guix I've mostly seen we differentiate between procedure and
variables in changelog commit messages or documentation, but not between
functions and procedures (these are bunched together).  I think being
more specific as opposed to general helps the reading a bit.

Thanks for the reading.  Did you attempt to build/run it?  It has some
bugs I've reported upstream:

1. (temperature sometimes get set to 'inf' and the driving experience
becomes like ice skating)

2. Occasional crash (segfault) (not reported yet -- couldn't catch a
nice backtrace with GDB).

It's still very much playable though, and upstream is still developing
the game, so hopefully these will get resolved in time.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim