Subject: `cursor-in-non-selected-windows' needs dedicated face

From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:08:52 -0500

It is possible to specify an alternate display for
`cursor-in-non-selected-windows'.

This is a nice feauture.

To help distinguish between the two I have '(bar . 3) for
`cursor-type' in selected-window and '(bar . 1) for
`cursor-in-non-selected-windows'.

It would be nice to also be able to specify a different face for the
two separate cursor types.

In particular, I would like to have non-selected cursors to appear
less "bright" than the one apearing in selected-window.

I propose ther be a new basic face named `cursor-non-selected'. And,
that it be able to inherit from the existing `cursor' face.

It would be _really_ nice if there were a buffer-local variable
`cursor-in-current-non-selected-window' which could locally override
`cursor-in-non-selected-windows' when non-nil.

For example, there are some routinely momentary or frequently
temporarily displayed buffers where the the
`cursor-in-non-selected-windows' may not always be desirable;
"*Help*" and "*Completions*" are two which immediately spring to
mind.

--
/s_P\