Subject: Comments

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2024 10:35:26 +0100

Hello Jesse,

thanks for your contribution, which passes QA and looks mainly good!

QA runs "guix lint":
https://qa.guix.gnu.org/issue/74039
which complains about the following:
"the source file name should contain the package name"

Maybe you could run "guix lint" on your different packages and see to
which one it applies? Probably python-bip32 with its source taken from git.

Maybe you could use pypi there as well? When trying a "guix import pypi bip32"
I get a version 4.0 instead of 3.2; would this work as well?
Otherwise, there are examples in the Guix source of how to force a
descriptive name for the git checkout.

The description should consist of complete sentences and be a bit longer
and more descriptive, maybe a short paragraph. Often it can be taken from
the project website, after stripping out the marketing speech.

Please also adapt the commit messages to the Guix style.
Running "./etc/committer.scm" (instead of "git commit") could be an
option, it usually works well for adding new packages.

Looking forward to a v3,

Andreas