Subject: Re: [bug#74034] [PATCH v2 01/16] guix: cve: Add cpe-vendor and lint-hidden-cpe-vendors properties.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2024 21:07:46 +0100

On 2024-11-07 09:45, Nicolas Graves via Guix-patches via wrote:

>
> I actually took this route first, then reverted back to editing the
> regexp.  This was indeed for simplicity (rationale: make a first working
> version with minimal changes, then if necessary improve).  Yes indeed
> doing this makes a lot of changes in the code, although not complex.
>
> I agree with the rest of the changes. I'll try to make a commit on top
> of that, possibly this weekend.

Indeed it's quite tedious to dig into nested folds.  Maybe we can just
leave a TODO comment inviting a courageous candidate to tackle this in
the future ?  I feel we should block this by perfectionism it we have a
suitable enough package-identifier.  Not that I don't like to dig,
rather than I'll me more at peace tackling this when I have more time.

-- 
Best regards,
Nicolas Graves