Subject: bug#73976: 31.0.50; King Features comics JPEG misrendered

From: Eric Gillespie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2024 09:36:10 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Looks like some problem with libjpeg

Well, maybe.  Everything else that loads it fine also seems to
use libjpeg.  It could be a bug in HOW emacs uses libjpeg.

Firefox, gimp, gwenview, and even 'jpegtopnm | pnmtoxwd | xwud'
all work.

The one other tool I found which doesn't handle these images
correctly is xli, which bails out without even trying:

/home/epg/Downloads/adn.kingfeatures.jpg is a 2047x597 JPEG image, color space YCCK, 4 comps., Huffman coding
jpegLoad: weird output color space
zopen: warning: caching was disabled by previous caller
/home/epg/Downloads/adn.kingfeatures.jpg: unknown or unsupported image type

Light googling suggest YCCK may be an odd duck, and may be what
throws emacs for a loop...

Thanks!

-- 
Eric Gillespie <*> [email-masked]