Subject: [bug#73955] [PATCH 0/2] Improve customizability of WireGuard service

From: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2024 17:21:47 -0400

Hi all,

The goal for this patch series is to improve wireguard-service's
customizability, primarily by supporting gexps evaluating to strings in most
fields. Prior to this patch, lists of gexp's were not serialized to strings,
preventing certain constructs from being used.

This was prompted from an issue I ran into a while back. [1]

I tested the serialization of several config records and did not notice any
issues. I would greatly appreciate if any users of wireguard-service could
confirm their existing configurations still serialize correctly. You can do so
via these guix REPL commands:

$ guix repl -L /path/to/guix/clone/with/patches
,use (guix)
,use (gnu services vpn)
,build ((@@ (gnu services vpn) wireguard-configuration-file)
        <paste-your-wireguard-configuration>)

I took the liberty of CCing a few people who previously committed to
WireGuard. Apologies if I committed a faux pas. :)

[1]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-guix/2024-01/msg00204.html

Richard Sent (2):
  services: wireguard: Make the private-key field optional.
  services: wireguard: Support lists of gexps for most fields.

 doc/guix.texi        |  5 ++-
 gnu/services/vpn.scm | 74 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 2 files changed, 43 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

base-commit: bd26815cf8ce38a3b03676a6e3fc482bb74247cb
-- 
2.46.0