Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] services: wireguard: Support lists of gexps for most fields.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2024 11:26:26 +0200

Hello Richard,

Thanks for this series.

The first commit looks OK to me.

> For example, the wg-quick(8) manual has an example on how to use
> password-store to retrieve a private key with a PreUp entry. This is now
> possible.

It would be interesting to provide some testing for that.  Sadly, we do
not have a system test for Wireguard yet. We only have a unit test file
in (tests services vpn).

Adding a new (gnu tests vpn) module would be great in the future to test
different Wireguard configurations.

That can of course be done later on :)

Regarding this patch, the documentation is somehow vague on how to pass
post and pre commands:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
@item @code{post-up} (default: @code{'()})
The script commands to be run after setting up the interface.

...
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Maybe you could elaborate on that a little bit and give some examples
that would be the translation of some of the post and pre commands that
are given in the wg-quick man page?

Thanks,

Mathieu