Subject: Re: bug#73938: [PATCH] Add folding support for TeX quotes

From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2024 19:32:24 +0100

Hi Arash and Ikumi,

>> To David, Mosé, Tassilo and Arash: How about recruiting Paul as an
>> AUCTeX developer? I'm the latest person that was given the write
>> permission to AUCTeX repogitory and it was 7 years ago. It would be
>> prospective to have a new active developer.
>
> I agree, as I already said elsewhere, it would be great to have AUCTeX
> developers who actually use it on a daily basis.  I'm not sure about
> you, but I'm actually not using LaTeX anymore.
>
> @Paul: Do you want to step in and look after some parts of AUCTeX?
> tex-fold.el and preview.el seem to be a good start :-)

Many thanks for the invitation.  Could you say more about what being a
"developer" involves?  I want to be upfront that I can be a bit
irregular with communication, despite best efforts, though I'm happy to
help as I can.  I certainly have a vested interest, having used AUCTeX
for nearly a couple decades, onboarded a dozen colleagues in the past
couple years, etc.

Thanks again and best,
Paul