Subject: [bug#73927] [PATCH 14/16] installer: Add "Kernel" page to select the Hurd.

From: Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2024 20:06:01 +0200

Hey,

> Hmm, I could use some help here.  I tried the almost trivial patch
> attached, but that fails and it's not clear to my why.  Possibly I don't
> understand the code because it seems to me that the screenshot names
> go out of sync after the locale page.  Also, the roundtrip time to test
> something out is pretty bad...

The ppm stuff is just about keeping screenshots around to debug any test
failures. According to the log that you sent, I would say that the issue
is a mismatch between the installation step that is expected by the
marionette and the actual installation step:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
      pattern: ((quote input) ((quote title) "System administrator password") ((quote text) _) ((quote default) _)).
      sexp: (list-selection (title "Kernel") (multiple-choices? #f) (items ("Hurd" "Linux Libre"))).
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The system administrator password page is expected but the kernel
selection page is sent.

It seems that you have chosen to display the Kernel selection page
between the host-name page and the network selection page. I guess that
by moving the Kernel step here:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
         ;; Prompt for users (name, group and home directory).
         (installer-step
          (id 'user)
          (description (G_ "User creation"))
          (compute (lambda _
                     ((installer-user-page current-installer))))
          (configuration-formatter users->configuration))

-> Kernel step

         ;; Ask the user to choose one or many desktop environment(s).
         (installer-step
          (id 'services)
          (description (G_ "Services"))
          (compute (lambda _
                     ((installer-services-page current-installer))))
          (configuration-formatter system-services->configuration))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

the test would match with the actual installation step.

Hope that will help,

Thanks,

Mathieu