Subject: bug#7391: 24.0.50; (emacs) Rectangles in Picture: incorrect doc

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:55:47 -0800

1. For C-c C-k it says: "With argument, delete the text."
It should say "With a prefix argument, delete the text."
 
2. It says:
"However, deletion of rectangles can be useful in Picture mode, so these
commands delete the rectangle if given a numeric argument.  `C-c C-k'
                                         ^^^^^^^
either with or without a numeric argument..."
                         ^^^^^^^
 
That should say "if given a prefix argument...with or without a prefix
argument".  The prefix argument need not be numeric - plain `C-u' works
fine.
 
FWIW, I've noticed this same mistake in other places in the manuals (and
have reported it when I noticed).  You might want to check for this
problem generally.  Someone writing some parts of the manual seems to be
confused about prefix arguments.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-11-09 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'