Subject: bug#73882: closed (Re: bug#73882: 31.0.50; global-visual-wrap-prefix-mode misaligns org tables)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2024 04:33:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73882: 31.0.50; global-visual-wrap-prefix-mode misaligns org tables

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73882: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73882
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73882: 31.0.50; global-visual-wrap-prefix-mode misaligns org tables
From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
To: Arthur Elsenaar <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 21:31:27 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 10/19/2024 4:14 PM, Jim Porter wrote:
> Thanks for noticing. This patch should do the trick, I think.

Confirmed offline that this patch fixes things. Since it's pretty 
simple, I've now merged it as 81a5beb8af0, though of course if anyone 
sees further issues with visual-wrap-prefix-mode, just let me know.

Subject: 31.0.50; global-visual-wrap-prefix-mode misaligns org tables
From: Arthur Elsenaar <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 09:52:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With emacs -q, an org file is loaded with this content:

:PROPERTIES:
:ID:       20241018T232141
:END:
#+title: test
#+date: [2024-10-18 Fri 23:22]
#+filetags: project

* Test 123

| head  | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
|-------+---+---+---+---|
| apple |   |   |   |   |
| orange |   |   |   |   |
| pear  |   |   |   |   |
| banana |   |   |   |   |

Table cells are misaligned.
When one hits <tab> within a cell, the cells align. However when
global-visual-wrap-prefix-mode is enabled, the cells get
misaligned. It appears a character in the first column gets attributes
added that makes the character span more than one space.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-10-04 built on lae
Repository revision: 1094c3f91477e622e064fa52de7fd0f361e54d9b
Repository branch: master
System Description: Pop!_OS 22.04 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-cairo --with-file-notification=inotify --with-gnutls
 --with-harfbuzz --with-mailutils --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk
 --with-tree-sitter=ifavailable --with-rsvg --with-xwidgets=no
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=yes --with-xinput2'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER
XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_MONETARY: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  global-visual-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  visual-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug visual-wrap oc-basic cl-extra help-mode
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile org-element-ast inline
avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus compile comp-run
comp-common xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs json map url-vars mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail mailcap
yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range mm-util
mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs
ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob
ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie
treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc
ansi-color ring org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date
subr-x noutline outline icons org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol rx org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs thingatpt find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs format-spec cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 369829 25100) (symbols 48 21220 0)
 (strings 32 114566 3265) (string-bytes 1 3516689) (vectors 16 61904)
 (vector-slots 8 640205 12633) (floats 8 594 2) (intervals 56 1144 16)
 (buffers 992 17))