Subject: [bug#73876] [PATCH 0/3] Add postgresql-libversion

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 10:49:15 +0200

I was in the process of trying to get more useful information from
repology for Guix using a database dump.  I've just jumped into the
postgresql-extensions rabbithole. Here's a properly constructed
extension.

I also wonder why:
- the postgresql-service is stuck with postgresql-10
- we don't patch postgresql with a native-search-path just like python so that pg_config/psql reads from this native-search-path for extensions and falls back to its current default instead. It seems like the reasonable thing to do instead of the circumvoluted directory-union for extensions.

Nicolas Graves (3):
  gnu: Add libversion.
  gnu: final-postgresql: Move to (gnu packages databases).
  gnu: Add postgresql-libversion.

 gnu/packages/databases.scm       |   9 +++
 gnu/packages/version-control.scm | 118 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/services/databases.scm       |  26 +------
 3 files changed, 128 insertions(+), 25 deletions(-)

-- 
2.46.0