Subject: bug#7387: 23.2; Emacs port to HP-UX ia64

From: "Maguire, Andrew (GE Energy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:03:17 +0100

Thanks, I did find Peter's patch via a search and was already using
that.
However, this patch sets CANNOT_DUMP=1 on the ia64 system.
Although this allowed me to be start up Emacs, its initialisation had a
flaw whereby image-load-path was void
when it should have been defined, I did not spend any time investigating
why.

So, I am trying to get a dumped Emacs working on ia64.

Peter, can I ask which C compiler are you using on your IA64 system?
I am using gcc 4.3.3.

-----Original Message-----
From: Glenn Morris [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 15 November 2010 20:13
To: Maguire, Andrew (GE Energy)
Cc: Dan Nicolaescu; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: bug#7387: 23.2; Emacs port to HP-UX ia64

There might be something relevant in here:

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6811

"Attached is a patch that allows us to build emacs-23.2 on our HP-UX
systems (10.20, 11.00 and 11.11 PA-RISC and 11.23, 11.31 both PA and
IA64)."