Subject: Re: bug#73862: [PATCH] Add `header-line-active` and `header-line-inactive` faces.

From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2024 19:06:26 -0800

On Wed, Dec 04, 2024 at 5:49 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Aaron, it would have been more useful to CC Trevor, who is the author of
> that changeset. I've added him now.
>
>
You're right, I realized that too late. Thank you for the reminder.

I'm able to reproduce this with the mode-line as well, so it appears that
> there may be a bug there too in the code that was copied to implement the
> active/inactive faces in the header line. It's entirely possible that
> there's a bug in nano-modeline, but it seems suspect that code was added to
> consider windows and now this issue triggers when new windows are created
> (and possibly when selection changes, I haven't eliminated whether or not
> that's a factor yet).
>
> You were able to reproduce what? I don't think you posted a recipe to
> reproduce the problem. Please do, if at all possible, preferably starting
> from "emacs -Q".
>

I didn't — I thought I mentioned that. I had intended to provide one as
soon as I had a chance to, but it turns out that Eshel encountered the same
issue and provided a recipe (thank you, Eshel). The only difference in my
case is that face-remap-set-base is used, rather than
face-remap-add-relative.

As far as I can tell, this same bug occurs in the mode-line as well as the
header-line. I.e., there was an existing bug in the mode-line and it was
replicated to the header-line after the two new faces were added.

Thanks,

Aaron