Subject: bug#73860: closed (Re: bug#73860: 29.2; tetris on windows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 19:50:01 +0000

Your bug report

#73860: 29.2; tetris on windows

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73860: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73860
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73860: 29.2; tetris on windows
From: Corwin Brust <[email-masked]>
To: Pierpaolo Bernardi <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2024 14:48:58 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Sat, Oct 19, 2024, 14:05 Pierpaolo Bernardi <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 19, 2024 at 5:36 PM Corwin Brust <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> To put this on the record: I confirm that tetris in the 29.4 binary
> distribution works as expected for me.
>

Yay!  I am therefore closing this bug.

>
> > I will also note, in passing, the existence of this pre-release for
> > Emacs 30 (30.0.91) from the alpha FTP site. I don't know of any
> > problems with it, but I also don't know if it has seen a great deal of
> > use.
> >
> > https://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/emacs-30/?C=M;O=D
>
> OK. I will start using it.
>
>
> Many thanks!
>
>

Subject: 29.2; tetris on windows
From: Pierpaolo Bernardi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2024 14:01:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

the game tetris does not work in my setup.

Using "emacs -q" makes no difference.

The emacs used is a binary distribution downloaded from gnu.org

the screen appears in this way:

(in case this will be mangled in the email, the playfield is populated with
control characters, shown as "^H", "^G", etc.)

Thank you!

--------

     \0\0
     \0\0
     \0\0      Shapes: 00010
     \0\0      Rows:   00000
             Score:  00060

--------

In GNU Emacs 29.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-01-18 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2009.19045.5011)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter --with-sqlite3
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ITA
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Tetris

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils gomoku
solitaire hanoi mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs view
sort help-mode rect tetris gamegrid misearch multi-isearch imenu go-mode
find-file ffap thingatpt etags fileloop generator xref project compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring time-date dired-aux
dired dired-loaddefs go-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table
term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 143593 8118)
 (symbols 48 10267 0)
 (strings 32 33933 1438)
 (string-bytes 1 1028228)
 (vectors 16 21693)
 (vector-slots 8 445323 14364)
 (floats 8 70 246)
 (intervals 56 6098 45)
 (buffers 984 25))