Subject: bug#73853: 31.0.50; Should and-let* become a synonym for when-let*?

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2024 20:09:21 +0800

Hello,

On Thu 24 Oct 2024 at 04:51pm +08, Sean Whitton wrote:

> Done.  I will go ahead and update org-mode.git but I have not updated
> any externally maintained code in emacs.git.  I know that sometimes
> changes get backported from emacs.git to external repos by maintainers,
> but it doesn't seem ideal to make a large slew of changes they have to
> backport.  Let me know if you don't think that's right.

Just to follow up here.

- Michael reports he is handling TRAMP in tramp.git and will import here
  at an appropriate time.

- I've sent in a GitHub PR for Transient and requested a release, and an
  eventual import to emacs.git.

- I've written to Ihor about Org-mode, and as I say, I committed a patch
  to their trunk branch.

There are also some uses in the modus themes but we don't compile those,
so, it can be left to upstream to fix when they notice it.

So, in short, all remaining byte compiler warnings in emacs.git related
to this change are tracked somewhere and will get fixed soon.

-- 
Sean Whitton