Subject: bug#73853: 31.0.50; Should and-let* become a synonym for when-let*?

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2024 16:51:56 +0800

Hello,

On Wed 23 Oct 2024 at 07:05am -07, Stefan Kangas wrote:

> Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Sean Whitton <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>>   - I'd like to go ahead and install a patch marking when-let and if-let
>>>     as obsolete, unless Michael is keen to be the one to do it as the
>>>     initiator of the previous effort
>>
>> He is not, feel free to go ahead when there are no objections from
>> others.
>
> Sounds good, and thanks in advance.
>
> Please also fix any new obsoletion warnings in our code.

Done.  I will go ahead and update org-mode.git but I have not updated
any externally maintained code in emacs.git.  I know that sometimes
changes get backported from emacs.git to external repos by maintainers,
but it doesn't seem ideal to make a large slew of changes they have to
backport.  Let me know if you don't think that's right.

-- 
Sean Whitton