Subject: Re: bug#73853: 31.0.50; Should and-let* become a synonym for when-let*?

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2024 09:33:09 -0700

Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]> writes:

> I intend to reply soon but I am stressed out right now and have to take
> it slow to avoid burning out.  I currently feel like a volcano went off
> and there are fires all over the place that I have to put out.
>
> There's this issue, which due to its urgency makes everything else that
> is going on even more stressful.  Many more issues than normal have been
> opened in my own repository over the last few days, about two dozen,
> including some bugs that should be addressed quickly.  I also have no
> choice but to skip the montly release day, which since its introduction
> a few months ago has helps me release stress.  And on top of all that,
> I have just been asked to intervene (and/or provide an outside
> perspective) in a bullying case.
>
> I was going to prioritize the foo-let issue over everything else, and
> was just about to reply to your message, when I saw the mail about the
> bullying, which I have decided to prioritize instead.

I'm sorry to hear that things have been stressful.

FWIW, I don't see a huge rush here.  Emacs 31 is still far away, and
while some package authors are meticulously tracking master, an effort
that is of course greatly appreciated, the overwhelming majority don't.
So this won't affect the lions share of Emacs Lisp users any time soon.

That is to say, please take your time.  The last thing we want is for
you or anyone else to burn out.