Subject: bug#73853: 31.0.50; Should and-let* become a synonym for when-let*?

From: Jonas Bernoulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2024 15:09:20 +0100

Hello Stefan,

Thanks for you reply!

I intend to reply soon but I am stressed out right now and have to take
it slow to avoid burning out.  I currently feel like a volcano went off
and there are fires all over the place that I have to put out.

There's this issue, which due to its urgency makes everything else that
is going on even more stressful.  Many more issues than normal have been
opened in my own repository over the last few days, about two dozen,
including some bugs that should be addressed quickly.  I also have no
choice but to skip the montly release day, which since its introduction
a few months ago has helps me release stress.  And on top of all that,
I have just been asked to intervene (and/or provide an outside
perspective) in a bullying case.

I was going to prioritize the foo-let issue over everything else, and
was just about to reply to your message, when I saw the mail about the
bullying, which I have decided to prioritize instead.

> Do you have a suggestion for what we should do instead?

In my next response I will concentrate on that.  I.e., I'll do one of
the things I earlier suggested we all do, think about what *my* (your)
ideal solution would look like.

     Jonas