Subject: bug#73853: 31.0.50; Should and-let* become a synonym for when-let*?

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2024 14:22:43 +0100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Michael.

>> I'm not impatient, other people are. Blaming (for example) Tramp for
>> the compilation warnings in master.
>
> If you are not impatient: please explain why you are sure that this will
> not pop up in, say 18 months, again.  Or why it is better to handle this
> corner issue in 7 steps spread over an quarter of a century.

I don't know whether this happens. But I buy the reasoning, that if-let*
and when-let* are closed to let*, given the semantics.

> Sorry for the sarcasm, but I miss the weighing up in what you say.  Only
> pointing to annoyances counts but doesn't convince me that one solution
> is better than the other.

But you're too late. The whole codebase has been changed already, and
this is much more but an annpyance. I don't see a glaring reason to
revert this.

> Michael.

Best regards, Michael.