Subject: bug#7385: 24.0.50; Please index defcustom type constructs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 19:03:10 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:29:18 -0800
> Cc: 
> 
> In the Elisp manual, you should be able to do `i restricted-sexp RET' to
> go to the section that explains that defcustom type construct.  Likewise
> for the other type constructs.

Such indexing is not useful, IMO.  If you already know that you are
looking for restricted-sexp, you can use `s restricted-sexp RET'.
With such a specialized string, chances that you will get too many
false hits are nil.  Alternatively, go to the chapter and look through
its sections.

Indexing is mainly for readers who do NOT know what they are after.

It would be much more useful if you (or someone else) could come up
with some phrase that could be on the reader's mind when she is after
these features.  Currently, the section where they are documented has
only one index entry: "composite types (customization)".  Suggestions
for more are most welcome.