Subject: bug#7385: 24.0.50; Please index defcustom type constructs

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 15:57:26 +0200

> Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 03:39:19 -0500
> From: MON KEY <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
> 
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> >> Such handlists exist because I routinely can't find what I am looking
> >> for in the manual.
> >
> > Please report every one of them as a documentation bug.
> >
> 
> I prob. should have qualified the above.
> To be clear, what I meant to communicate was this:
> 
>  I routinely have trouble knowing what to look for and where to do it
>  when I can't immediately find something in the manuals.
> 
> Indeed, FTMP the manuals _do_ provide the information one requires.
> It just isn't always easily at hand.
> 
> I don't think this constitutes a bug. Do you?

It could be.  Here's how to know: Whenever you are looking for some
issue, think about a word or a phrase of several words, which would
(in your opinion) be appropriate as index entries, or parts of index
entries, for that issue.  Then try these words/phrases with the `i'
command.  If they don't get you to the section of the manual where the
issue is described, submit a docs bug report and be sure to mention
the phrases you used to search.

TIA