Subject: bug#73840: closed (Re: bug#73840: [PATCH] Improved folding for citations)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2024 10:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#73840: [PATCH] Improved folding for citations

which was filed against the auctex package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73840: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73840
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73840: [PATCH] Improved folding for citations
From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2024 12:42:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Paul,

Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:

> OK, I did this with RefTeX (checking if it's bound and enabled).  For
> bibtex.el, I just require'd it inside the internal function where it's
> used.  I also implemented your correction to the docs.  Please find
> attached the updated patch.  Any further feedback welcome.

Many thank for this.  Installed, pushed and closing.

Best, Arash

Subject: [PATCH] Improved folding for citations
From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 21:59:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi again,

I hope you're not too disappointed to hear that I only anticipate
three further tex-fold.el patches.  Anyway:

Citation macros \cite{...} are currently folded as [c].  This patch
gives more descriptive folding when possible, using author names and
publication years, like [Ne21] or [ABC99].  These are extracted from
any bib files referenced in the document or specified by a user
option.

QUESTION: the new code uses reftex and bibtex.  Are we allowed to just
require those in tex-fold.el?  I wasn't sure, since AUCTeX in general
seems careful about (require) statements.

Any feedback welcome.

Thanks, best,

Paul