Subject: Re: bug#73838: 31.0.50; Problems in note_mouse_highlight if -nw

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 14:39:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 09:03:13 +0200
>> 
>> The immediate problem I'm facing is with tty child frames and
>> xterm-mouse: I'm opening a buffer selection child frame (consult-buffer)
>> and choose a candidate with a mouse click. The candidates are
>> mouse-highlighted. Result is eventually an endless loop in
>> process_mark_stack in the non-MPS GC. (Not using the mouse works just
>> fine.)
>
> If you can show the details of that, i.e. step through the loop one
> time until it gets to the same point, maybe someone could have an
> idea.

It's probably something pretty strange:

I built with ASAN, no MPS but my workaround for the hightlighting, and
get an error: GC marks char-code-property-alist (staticpro), and hits a
char-table object that is somehow broken. pdumper-object-p says yes for
it, but when checking the mark bit of that char-table with
pdumper_marked_p_impl, ASAN complains about an access outside of the
bitset being used for the pdumper mark bits.

(Not sure if that's already the loop I see without ASAN.)

Didn't get further than that today. LLDB decided to crash as well at
some point.

I'm a bit out of ideas how to find out what's up with that char-table.
Maybe I'll wait a bit until I have an idea how I could find that out.