Subject: [bug#73833] [PATCH v2 0/5] Large improvements to import utils, composer import, and refresh.

From: Nicolas Graves <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2024 00:25:56 +0200

This patch series merges a lot of different worthwhile contributions
to the import system in Guix. Patches 1 and 2 are extracted from the
work I did on the Juliahub importer to homogeneize and factor out a
git->origin function. Patch 3 has a lot of various but transparent and
explained improvements to the composer import, which should be renamed
to "packagist" instead of "composer" by the way. Patch 4 is a fix to a
shortcoming in refresh. Patch 5 shows a way to use upstream-inputs to
update packages using requirement constraints from packagist.

Nicolas Graves (5):
  guix: import: utils: Add function git->origin.
  tests: go: Add mock-git->origin function.
  guix: import: composer: Improve importer.
  guix: refresh: Keep the version field of each update specification.
  guix: refresh: Implement basic upstream-source-inputs rich updates.

 guix/import/composer.scm | 236 ++++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 guix/import/elpa.scm     |  44 +++-----
 guix/import/go.scm       |  57 +++-------
 guix/import/minetest.scm |  28 +----
 guix/import/utils.scm    |  39 +++++++
 guix/scripts/refresh.scm |  59 ++++++++--
 tests/composer.scm       |   2 +-
 tests/go.scm             |  30 +++--
 tests/minetest.scm       |  15 +--
 9 files changed, 280 insertions(+), 230 deletions(-)

-- 
2.46.0