Subject: bug#7383: Fwd: bug#7383: 24.0.50; end-of-line style on remote files

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 12:34:30 +0200

[I'm forwarding some messages to the mailing list, because I
unintentionally replied privately.]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, May 1, 2011 at 12:43
Subject: Re: bug#7383: 24.0.50; end-of-line style on remote files
To: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>

Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't know which ftp client is Emacs using under the hood. I guess
> it's the standard windows "ftp" program. In that case, I've done a
> quick test and found that, if I set binary mode on, the file got by
> ftp is the exact same as the original (which doesn't happen without
> setting binary mode on).

>From ange-ftp.el:

;; Binary file transfers:
;;
;; By default ange-ftp transfers files in ASCII mode.  If a file being
;; transferred matches the value of ange-ftp-binary-file-name-regexp then
;; binary mode is used for that transfer.

Maybe you play with `ange-ftp-binary-file-name-regexp' settings, for
example set it to "".

Best regards, Michael.