Subject: bug#7383: Fwd: bug#7383: 24.0.50; end-of-line style on remote files

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 12:33:49 +0200

[I'm forwarding some messages to the mailing list, because I
unintentionally replied privately.]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 16:30
Subject: Re: bug#7383: 24.0.50; end-of-line style on remote files
To: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 15:54, Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Does the same effect (EOL conversion) happens, when you copy files with
> your local FTP client?
>

I don't know which ftp client is Emacs using under the hood. I guess
it's the standard windows "ftp" program. In that case, I've done a
quick test and found that, if I set binary mode on, the file got by
ftp is the exact same as the original (which doesn't happen without
setting binary mode on).

--
Dani Moncayo