Subject: bug#73828: Automake/Item.pm: repeated "that" in the file

From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 15:36:04 -0600

Thanks Bjarni. I fixed both doubled words and two other English tweaks I
noticed while I was there.

Not that it matters, but it's fine (preferred) to write one bug report
for a list of such simple non-code things.

Thanks again,
Karl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
doc: doubled words in source comments.

Fixes https://bugs.gnu.org/73828 and https://bugs.gnu.org/73829.

* lib/Automake/Item.pm: repeated "that".
* lib/Automake/Variable.pm: repeated "by".
Reports from Bjarni Ingi Gislason.
Other English fixes en passant.
diff --git a/lib/Automake/Item.pm b/lib/Automake/Item.pm
index 7e6c65886..5e98e04b2 100644
--- a/lib/Automake/Item.pm
+++ b/lib/Automake/Item.pm
@@ -116,10 +116,10 @@ sub set ($$$)

 =item C<$var-E<gt>conditions>

-Return an L<Automake::DisjConditions> describing the conditions that
+Return an L<Automake::DisjConditions> describing the conditions
 that an item is defined in.

-These are all the conditions for which is would be safe to call
+These are all the conditions for which it would be safe to call
 C<rdef>.

 =cut
diff --git a/lib/Automake/Variable.pm b/lib/Automake/Variable.pm
index 9c004f55d..b40b20321 100644
--- a/lib/Automake/Variable.pm
+++ b/lib/Automake/Variable.pm
@@ -829,11 +829,11 @@ C<$where>: the C<Location> of the assignment.

 C<$pretty>: whether C<$value> should be pretty printed (one of
 C<VAR_ASIS>, C<VAR_PRETTY>, C<VAR_SILENT>, or C<VAR_SORTED>, defined
-by by L<Automake::VarDef>).  C<$pretty> applies only to real
+by L<Automake::VarDef>).  C<$pretty> applies only to real
 assignments.  I.e., it does not apply to a C<+=> assignment (except
 when part of it is being done as a conditional C<=> assignment).

-This function will all run any hook registered with the C<hook>
+This function will run any hook registered with the C<hook>
 function.

 =cut
Running command: git commit \-q \-F \.\/vc\-dwim\-log\-kZfees \-\-author\=Karl\ Berry\ \<karl\@freefriends\.org\> \-\- ChangeLog
+ set +x

compile finished at Wed Oct 16 14:34:11 2024