Subject: bug#73828: closed (Re: bug#73828: Automake/Item.pm: repeated "that" in the file)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 21:37:03 +0000

Your bug report

#73828: Automake/Item.pm: repeated "that" in the file

which was filed against the automake package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73828: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73828
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73828: Automake/Item.pm: repeated "that" in the file
From: Karl Berry <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2024 15:36:04 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Thanks Bjarni. I fixed both doubled words and two other English tweaks I
noticed while I was there.

Not that it matters, but it's fine (preferred) to write one bug report
for a list of such simple non-code things.

Thanks again,
Karl

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
doc: doubled words in source comments.

Fixes https://bugs.gnu.org/73828 and https://bugs.gnu.org/73829.

* lib/Automake/Item.pm: repeated "that".
* lib/Automake/Variable.pm: repeated "by".
Reports from Bjarni Ingi Gislason.
Other English fixes en passant.
diff --git a/lib/Automake/Item.pm b/lib/Automake/Item.pm
index 7e6c65886..5e98e04b2 100644
--- a/lib/Automake/Item.pm
+++ b/lib/Automake/Item.pm
@@ -116,10 +116,10 @@ sub set ($$$)

 =item C<$var-E<gt>conditions>

-Return an L<Automake::DisjConditions> describing the conditions that
+Return an L<Automake::DisjConditions> describing the conditions
 that an item is defined in.

-These are all the conditions for which is would be safe to call
+These are all the conditions for which it would be safe to call
 C<rdef>.

 =cut
diff --git a/lib/Automake/Variable.pm b/lib/Automake/Variable.pm
index 9c004f55d..b40b20321 100644
--- a/lib/Automake/Variable.pm
+++ b/lib/Automake/Variable.pm
@@ -829,11 +829,11 @@ C<$where>: the C<Location> of the assignment.

 C<$pretty>: whether C<$value> should be pretty printed (one of
 C<VAR_ASIS>, C<VAR_PRETTY>, C<VAR_SILENT>, or C<VAR_SORTED>, defined
-by by L<Automake::VarDef>).  C<$pretty> applies only to real
+by L<Automake::VarDef>).  C<$pretty> applies only to real
 assignments.  I.e., it does not apply to a C<+=> assignment (except
 when part of it is being done as a conditional C<=> assignment).

-This function will all run any hook registered with the C<hook>
+This function will run any hook registered with the C<hook>
 function.

 =cut
Running command: git commit \-q \-F \.\/vc\-dwim\-log\-kZfees \-\-author\=Karl\ Berry\ \<karl\@freefriends\.org\> \-\- ChangeLog
+ set +x

compile finished at Wed Oct 16 14:34:11 2024

Subject: Automake/Item.pm: repeated "that" in the file
From: Bjarni Ingi Gislason <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2024 23:48:33 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Return an L<Automake::DisjConditions> describing the conditions that
that an item is defined in.