Subject: [ELPA] [PATCH] register-list fails on "Unprintable entity" registers

From: Alex Bochannek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2024 16:14:54 -0700

Hello!

I have not submitted patches against an ELPA package before, so I hope
this format is OK. I tried to follow the instruction on pulling ELPA
from Git, but the make step failed for me.

The register-list mode throws an error on start-up when there are
unknown register types in the register-alist. This can happen with
window configurations and saved session state after a restart. The
reason for this is a simple line flip in the register-list-get-type
function.

--- /Users/awb/.emacs.d/elpa/register-list-0.1/register-list.el.~1~	2023-01-10 19:36:23
+++ /Users/awb/.emacs.d/elpa/register-list-0.1/register-list.el	2024-10-15 15:49:37
@@ -483,8 +483,8 @@
 	    (t "error"))
     (cond ((window-configuration-p (car key)) "W")
 	  ((frame-configuration-p (car key)) "F")
-	  ((stringp (car key)) "R")
 	  ((string= "Unprintable entity" (car key)) "?")
+	  ((stringp (car key)) "R")
 	  (t "error"))))
 
 ;;; Edit key/value of the register

Apologies again for the format of this submission. If someone could
point me at instructions for how to make your life easier next time, I'd
appreciate it.

Thanks!

-- 
Alex.