Subject: bug#73813: 30.0.91; icomplete-mode keymap unusable in xterm for for/backward completions

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 12:46:36 +0000

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>
> Ah, you want C-n and C-p bound in the minibuffer when using icomplete?

I'd put icomplete-mode and icomplete-vertical-mode in the same category
for binding interop.

> Thatʼs possible, I guess `next-line' and `previous-line' arenʼt that
> useful in that context.
>
> But this is an area with a lot of history regarding the bindings, so
> weʼd need to be careful. Perhaps we should consider '<left>' and
> '<right>' instead, like `icomplete-fido'. Iʼm sure opinions will vary
> :-)
>

One more gotcha.  Inside a tmux session on xterm, emacsclient won't see
C-, and C-. and maybe there are setting changes needed there.

-- 
vl