Subject: bug#73813: 30.0.91; icomplete-mode keymap unusable in xterm for for/backward completions

From: Van Ly <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2024 23:27:13 +1100

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>
> I guess we could, although Iʼm not sure how frequently people want
> mono support when using a colour-enabled terminal.
>

A better FAQ entry would address how to overcome certain color
combinations that for some or one are unreadable, for me the darkblue on
black is illegible and I guess that default comes from the assumed white
background where darkblue as foreground would be fine.

Even using xterm-256color I find there are color combos that are
illegible, perhaps there could be a modus theme contrast model for
legible color on xterm console where the background is either white or
black.  The wombat theme works where the background is black.

People wear all black or all white or black and white.  There should be
more than 20 people on the wild internet wanting mono support who are
desensitized routinely by advertising interrupts that fuel the web with
freakin' color.

-- 
vl