Subject: bug#7380: 23.2; Dead keys misinterpreted in gtk emacs

From: "Ian D. Leroux" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 11:13:03 +0100

On Friday, November 18, 2011 1:03 PM, "Stefan Monnier"
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Where is FRAME_XIC (f) supposed to be set?
>
> In the x_window function, in src/xfns.c (there are 3 versions of this
> function :-( depending on whether or not we're using Gtk or some other
> toolkit or no toolkit at all).
>
> Could it be that use_xim is 0, somehow?

use_xim is 1, but FRAME_X_XIM (f) is NULL when create_frame_xic is
called.  As a result, the "if(xim)" test at line 2315 in xfns.c fails,
xic does not get allocated, and FRAME_XIC(f) remains NULL at the end of
the function.

Grepping for FRAME_X_XIM doesn't show me where it is supposed to be set,
so I assume the relevant struct member gets assigned directly somewhere.
Where should that be happening?

xim_open_dpy never gets called.
xim_initialize does; dpyinfo->xim is NULL both at the beginning and at
the end of the function.

Any suggestions on where to look next?

Thanks for your time,

-- IDL