Subject: bug#73797: [PATCH] Fix formatting of list-keyboard-macros

From: Okamsn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2024 17:54:34 +0000

Hello,

Currently, 'list-keyboard-macros' will wrap long macros onto multiple 
lines.  I did not force 'format-kbd-macro' to output single lines when 
writing the function. This patch fixes that. Please consider including 
this minor fix in Emacs 30, so that 'list-keyboard-macros' is formatted 
correctly on release.

Thank you.

From 0d423a911e8a849a43d8ffc0d51d41fef8e44dc1 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Earl Hyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2024 13:44:18 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] Fix formatting of long keyboard macros for
 'list-keyboard-macros'.

* lisp/kmacro.el (kmacro-menu--refresh): Include the second argument of
'format-kbd-macro' so that the formatted keyboard macro is on a
single line.
---
 lisp/kmacro.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/kmacro.el b/lisp/kmacro.el
index 50ff875de52..6d43a3f680c 100644
--- a/lisp/kmacro.el
+++ b/lisp/kmacro.el
@@ -1576,7 +1576,7 @@ kmacro-menu--refresh
                                       ,(format "%d" cnt)
                                       ,fmt
                                       ,(format fmt cnt)
-                                      ,(format-kbd-macro (kmacro--keys km))])))
+                                      ,(format-kbd-macro (kmacro--keys km) 1)])))
                                (kmacro-menu--kmacros))
               kmacro-menu--deletion-flags nil
               kmacro-menu--marks nil)
-- 
2.34.1