Subject: bug#74013: closed (Re: bug#73775: 30.0.90; vtable: can't handle 0 data rows)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2024 10:16:03 +0000

Your bug report

#73775: 31.0.50; make-vtable errors on an empty list of objects

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
73775: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=73775
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#73775: 30.0.90; vtable: can't handle 0 data rows
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Joost Kremers <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2024 12:15:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Joost Kremers <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2024 09:53:14 +0100
> 
> On Thu, Oct 31 2024, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> [empty vtable patches]
> > Thanks.  I wanted to install this, but at least the first patch no
> > longer applies; could you please rebase and resubmit?  When you do,
> > please mention the bug number in all the commit log messages.
> 
> Here are the updated patches, including the documentation changes you
> requested and the when-let --> when-let* conversion.

Thanks, installed on the master branch, and closing the bug.

Subject: 31.0.50; make-vtable errors on an empty list of objects
From: Spencer Baugh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2024 11:23:35 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. emacs -Q
2. M-: (make-vtable :columns '("column") :objects '())
3. Observe an error like (wrong-number-of-arguments #<subr max> 0)

I ran into this when trying to display a list which can sometimes be
empty.  At the very least it would be nice for this to provide a better
error message.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 12, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.15.12, Xaw scroll bars) of 2024-10-15 built on
 igm-qws-u22796a
Repository revision: 46f52c3cc480ffe36f892e3519bfd9ebc3915f28
Repository branch: iap-1
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Rocky Linux 8.10 (Green Obsidian)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-gif=no --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-native-compilation=yes --prefix=/home/sbaugh/prefix-jane-emacs'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils cl-extra vtable cl-seq
mule-util eieio eieio-core cl-macs compile text-property-search comint
subr-x ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run comp-common rx help-fns
radix-tree cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile debug backtrace
help-mode find-func cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 152380 9501) (symbols 48 12310 0) (strings 32 43891 1586)
 (string-bytes 1 1417800) (vectors 16 23718)
 (vector-slots 8 255468 9571) (floats 8 53 1) (intervals 56 689 0)
 (buffers 984 13))