Subject: bug#7377: 23.2; Diary entries displayed twice

From: Frank Lovelace <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 10:58:56 -0700

touch ~/diary
emacs -Q
M-x calendar
M-x calendar-set-date-style
Date style: iso
i m

Edit ~/diary to:
--begin ~/diary--------
*-*-11 pay bills
--end ~/diary----------

Save ~/dairy

Then from within calendar with point on 11th of any month press d to
display dairy, "pay bills" is written twice.

The above was done in Emacs 23.2.1 on GNU/Linux, and a similar recipe
causes same issue for Emacs on MS Windows, the configuration as shown below:

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/xpm/include'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Calendar

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <apps> x <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x c a l a n d e r <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> d <backspace>
e n d e <backspace> a r <return> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> i d t e s t <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> m <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> x u m <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-s <help-echo> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> m <up> <right> <up> <right>
d <help-echo> M-x c a l e n d e r <backspace> <backspace>
a r - d a t e <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> d a t e - d <tab> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <tab>
<tab> a t e - <tab> <return> i s o <return> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> i d l u n c h
X S <backspace> <backspace> <apps> <apps> C-x C-s <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> d
<help-echo> i m p a y SPC b i l l s C-x C-s <help-echo>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-x C-s <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<left> d SPC i m h e l l o C-x C-s <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> d i d n n n C-x C-s <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
d <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> d <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <apps> C-x C-g C-g M-x <down-mouse-3>
<mouse-3> <down-mouse-3> <mouse-3> <down-mouse-3> <mouse-3>
<double-down-mouse-3> <double-mouse-3> b u g <tab>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Preparing diary...done
Saving file c:/Documents and Settings/Mom/Application Data/diary...
Wrote c:/Documents and Settings/Mom/Application Data/diary
Marking diary entries...done
Preparing diary...done
Saving file c:/Documents and Settings/Mom/Application Data/diary...
Wrote c:/Documents and Settings/Mom/Application Data/diary
Marking diary entries...done
Preparing diary...done
Preparing diary...done
Quit

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode view cal-china lunar
solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
diary-lib diary-loaddefs mule-util cal-move regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu
calendar cal-loaddefs tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty
emacs)