Subject: Re: [bug#73759] [PATCH v2] gnu: Upgrade googletest

From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2025 11:53:40 -0400

On Sat, Apr 26, 2025 at 11:35 AM ngraves--- via Guix-patches via
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi Aaron,
>
> googletest has 6k+ dependent packages, it should be updated in a
> dedicated branch (core-packages, or maybe c++).

v1.17.0 has since been released (which would be the third update on this issue).

I would like to put this on a c++ branch but the initial c++-team
branch makes major changes to the cmake build system so library
updates will need to wait for the subsequent branch. It has been
(exactly) 2 months waiting to move up half the queue, with
core-packages (and presumably qt) still to be merged. Then after
merging the c++ branch we'll be waiting for another round of the
queue.

But waiting leaves this issue open, and I have actually already
included it in a local c++-libraries branch, so perhaps I should push
that upstream, mark this issue done, and request a new specification
on CI for both c++-team (which is almost ready) and c++-libraries.

There is still the question of how to publish further patches fixing
broken builds from this update. It's not clear to me that the feature
branch is sufficient.

Greg