Subject: bug#73752: 29.4; Ligatures are randomly rendered with extra spaces

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2024 21:30:56 +0530

[வியாழன் நவம்பர் 07, 2024] Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2024 20:43:32 +0530
>> From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
>> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
>>  [email-masked]
>> 
>> 
>> >As for this bug, I will install the patch soon, 
>> 
>> I would dare to merge bug#54646 with this when you close the bug since I'm confident they both have the same underlying cause.
>
> Does this mean you no longer see the problems in bug#54646 with this
> patch?

It has become very hard to reproduce the problems in bug#54646 but I am
quite confident that they boil down to the same underlying issue as the
symptoms are very similar (and I was unable to reproduce the issue in
the Xft build).  In fact, this bug caught my eye thanks to my experience
with bug#54646.

If it turns out that I can still reproduce the problems in bug#54646, we
can always reopen it.  However, I am confident that I would fail to do
so.