Subject: [cuirass] channel-update-service fails trying to find key with accent in the name

From: Noé Lopez <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 22:23:04 +0200

Hi,

I’ve been trying to make my own channel and run cuirass on it for fun
and to learn more about how guix works.

Cuirass is failing to fetch the channel, because of something with the
key file: « 2024-10-11 21:34:11 error: Git error while fetching channels
from https://framagit.org/nll/bloup.git
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git: the path 'No?? Lopez.key'
does not exist in the given tree »

Indeed, it seems the accent in my name has been replaced with two
question marks…

The specification I’m using is the following:
(specification
	   (name 'bloup)
	   (build '(channels bloup))
	   (channels
	    (cons (channel
		   (name 'bloup)
		   (url "https://framagit.org/nll/bloup.git")
		   (introduction
		    (make-channel-introduction
		     "f627568549edd28c97dded5e5ec985cd11e95f58"
		     (openpgp-fingerprint
		      "5D54 CF25 57B2 38E8 8DC1 80A2 2D22 3241 0AB7 4043"))))
		  %default-channels)))

The unicode signing key doesn’t seem to cause a problem for guix pull,
only cuirass is complaining.

I can try to make a patch, tips and advice for finding the issue
would be greatly appreciated.

Good evening,
Noé « No?? » Lopez