Subject: bug#73736: 31.0.50; project and therefore eglot don't work without git

From: Joost Kremers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 10:53:24 +0200

On Fri, Oct 11 2024, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
> On 10/10/2024 21:52, Jim Porter wrote:
>> On 10/10/2024 11:42 AM, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
>>> This isn't very plug-and-play, but you can customize project-vc-extra-
>>> root-markers to include any other files that distinguish the root of a
>>> project. For example, Cargo.toml.
>> I wonder, could major modes provide project.el with some default values
>> for that option? Then rust-mode could add Cargo.toml, python-mode could
>> add pyproject.toml, and so on.
>
> That's a natural question, but it would result in different results for
> "current project" for files in the same directory (which often enough use
> different major modes).

What about a single marker that works for any project? This is a
work-around that Projectile uses and I'm using it with project.el as well,
with: 

```
(add-to-list 'project-vc-extra-root-markers ".project")
```

-- 
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments