Subject: Re: bug#73734: [PATCH] Fix tmm menu layout

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2024 09:29:45 +0200

>> Here, how I justify the modification of `colwidth':
 >>
 >>        - I don't think we need the "(min 30)" part since, if the frame is
 >>          wide enough, we always get a colwidth of 30.
 >>
 >>        - I don't think "(window-width)" is what we need since, by
 >>          default, the *Completions* buffer will use the full frame width.
 >
 > Martin, is that guaranteed?

I don't think so.  At least we should check whether the buffer window of
the *Completions* buffer satisfies the 'window-full-width-p' predicate.
But (window-width) which, as Manuel later remarks, returns the width of
the selected window, does look like a bad choice here.  I'm not familiar
with tmm.el but would

(window-width (get-buffer-window "*Completions*"))

be wrong here?

martin