Subject: Re: bug#73719: [PATCH] Add imenu support for OpenOffice documents in doc-view

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2024 08:53:54 +0200

Visuwesh <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Visuwesh,

> The attached patch adds imenu index support for docx files.

docx is M$ Office, isn't it?  But as far as reading your patch tells me,
we do that for all ODF files which are indeed Libre/OpenOffice and
friends.  And, yes, M$ Office files are also handled by the ODF
transformation chain.

Anyway, I think it would be appropriate to speak of "Open Document
Format files as used by LibreOffice and OpenOffice" in the commit
message, NEWS, and the docs simply because the format is used by more
office suits and OpenOffice is mostly dead nowadays, superseded by
LibreOffice.

Otherwise, the patch is fine. :-)

> This should be the last patch I have in store for doc-view. Many
> thanks for your attention thus far.

We thank you, too!  Those were all very nice features. :-)

Bye,
  Tassilo