Subject: bug#7371: odd loadup

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:44:39 -0500

Rajinder Yadav wrote:

> I've build emacs from source on my linux system kubuntu 10.10 x86_64
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux Six9 2.6.35-22-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 20:45:36 UTC
> 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> 1) I cannot shrink the window size veritcal, it will grow bigger, but
> not smaler.
> 2) it don't read my ~/.emacs config file
> 3) emacs start up with a blank screen
> 4) emacs does not show up in my kde system menu

The last one is to be expected, since stock Emacs does not know
anything about how your kde menu is defined.

There is not much information to solve the others.
What happens if you start emacs with -Q?
If there are still errors then, please show the full contents of the
Messages buffer.

Also try starting emacs with --debug-init.

> byte-code: Symbol's value as variable is void: warning-suppress-types

This is

http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6275

so maybe putting (require 'warnings) at the start of your .emacs will
help.