Subject: odd loadup

From: Rajinder Yadav <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 03:57:52 -0500

From: Rajinder Yadav <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: 23.2; odd loadup
--text follows this line--
This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

I've build emacs from source on my linux system kubuntu 10.10 x86_64

$ uname -a
Linux Six9 2.6.35-22-generic #35-Ubuntu SMP Sat Oct 16 20:45:36 UTC 2010 
x86_64 GNU/Linux

1) I cannot shrink the window size veritcal, it will grow bigger, but 
not smaler.
2) it don't read my ~/.emacs config file
3) emacs start up with a blank screen
4) emacs does not show up in my kde system menu

I originaly installed emacs 23.1.1 using aptitude package manager, i
removed it before installing emacs from source.

The configure and built complete without any error at the end

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
  of 2010-11-11 on Six9
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10900000
Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
   goto-address-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   view-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <about-emacs> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-2> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar>
<help-menu> <send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Loading /opt/ruby-1.9.2-p0/misc/ruby-mode.el (source)...done
Loading /opt/cedet-1.0/common/cedet.el (source)...
Setting up CEDET packages...done
Loading /opt/cedet-1.0/common/cedet.el (source)...done [3 times]
byte-code: Symbol's value as variable is void: warning-suppress-types
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Note: file is write protected
View mode: type C-h for help, h for commands, q to quit.
byte-code: End of buffer [3 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [6 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer

Load-path shadows:
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/ezimage hides /usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/ezimage
/opt/cedet-1.0/speedbar/dframe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/dframe
/opt/cedet-1.0/speedbar/speedbar hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/speedbar
/opt/cedet-1.0/speedbar/sb-image hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/sb-image
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-opt hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-base hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-comp hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-comp
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/chart hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-datadebug hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-datadebug
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar
/opt/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-custom hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
/opt/cedet-1.0/ede/ede hides /usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/ede
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-global hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-global
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-idutils hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-idutils
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/pulse hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/pulse
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-files hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-files
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/cedet hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/mode-local hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/mode-local
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/data-debug hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/data-debug
/opt/cedet-1.0/semantic/semantic hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/semantic
/opt/cedet-1.0/srecode/srecode hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/srecode
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/inversion hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/inversion
/opt/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-cscope hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-cscope

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util
hashcash mail-utils emacsbug goto-addr thingatpt ede-linux ede-emacs
ede-cpp-root view srecode-mode cogre-srecode semantic-edit
srecode-template-mode srecode-template srecode-template-wy
semantic-wisent wisent srecode-map srecode-insert srecode-args
srecode-dictionary srecode-find srecode-ctxt srecode-compile
srecode-table semantic-mru-bookmark semanticdb-mode semantic-idle eldoc
senator ring warnings which-func semantic-imenu semantic-sb imenu cedet
cedet-contrib-load contrib-loaddefs cogre-load cogre-loaddefs
speedbar-load speedbar-loaddefs ede-load ede-loaddefs ede-speedbar
ede-files ede ede-base ede-auto eieio-speedbar semantic-ia-sb
semantic-analyze semantic-scope semantic-analyze-fcn semantic-sort
semanticdb-el semanticdb semantic-ctxt semantic-format
semantic-util-modes semantic-util semantic semantic-lex semantic-tag
working fame speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe easymenu assoc
eieio-custom wid-edit ede-source eieio-base srecode-load srecode
srecode-loaddefs semantic-load semantic-fw semantic-loaddefs mode-local
find-func derived eieio-load eieio-loaddefs cedet-load cedet-compat
cedet-loaddefs eieio advice help-fns advice-preload byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile inversion ruby-mode cl cl-19 regexp-opt tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-22-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.1