Subject: 29.4; Doc of `file-newer-than-file-p'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2024 17:56:44 +0000

Neither the doc string nor the Elisp manual (node File Attributes) says
what is meant by a file being "newer" than another.  A guess is that
this is about last file modification time, but one could think it's
about file creation time etc.

Please clarify the meaning.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2024-07-05 built on
 AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19045
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (v10.0.2009.19045.4894)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-compress-install --with-sqlite3 --with-tree-sitter
 CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)